Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Craft Room: Gumball Machine Style Candy Dish: Easter Candy Edition

Hello there darlings,

Well Friday is in full force and so is this Fine Arts Competition that I am judging at.  It's been quite a busy week, but just in time for Easter (for all you out there that love candy eggs and jelly beans and anything else sugary and pastel), here's a simple little craft some friends and I got together and worked on several weeks back.  I was quite thrilled with how mine turned out...and it really didn't take long to make at all.  So get ready to satisfy your sweet-tooth and make the cutest little candy dish ever :-)

 How I made it:

Steps 1:  

 - Remove all price tags from your flower pot, making sure the sticky residue is completely off, then paint the whole pot along with the saucer in the color(s) of your choice.  I used acrylic paint & a small paintbrush.  Allow the paint some time to dry.  

 - Paint your wooden knob (Remove the screw on it first).  Again, I used acrylic paint.  Now you are ready to assemble the pieces together.  


Steps 2:

- Turn the pot upside down and coat the top with DAP SuperStik all purpose glue.  Center your round vase right side up onto the pot.  (Make sure you don't go overboard with the glue as you don't want it oozing out of the sides.)  Allow some time to dry.

- Glue your painted wooden knob onto the top of your saucer.
  

Step 3:

Find some pretty ribbon and tie it around the flower pot, like above.  That's it!

Now fill the bowl with all your pretty easter candy and place that cute little lid on top.  


Easy peasy, right?  Now tell me what you would fill your candy bowl with?  

Catch up with you soon!  Don't forget to enter my $50 Shabby Apple Gift Card giveaway if you haven't done so already.

Love Bunches, 

17 comments:

  1. This looks really cute! I would fill mine with... chocolate- covered raisins or chocolate- covered peanuts :)

    Happy Eastern to you and your family! Hope you will have a wonderful time!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I love the colors you chose too. I would probably fill mine with sweet tarts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally making this for our next sale! I love it! Miss you, lady! Sending you a big hug and wishing you an amazing, fun-filled weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That is the funnest DIY I've seen in a while! What a brilliant idea!!!
    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, what a great idea, Marisa! I bet my nieces would love to get one of these!

    Have a wonderful weekend and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness its adorable! I stared at it for a minute before I read the parts and got so excited when I recognize the litte terra cotta pot and base! You guys are amazing!
    Happy Friday, hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend planned!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever and cute! Am so envious that you have a group of ladies in your life with whom you do these types of things. Happy Easter weekend to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea and it is cute!!! Have a Happy Easter!!
    Ixx
    Limes&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome DIY Marisa hope you have a wonderful Easter darling
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you make it?
    This is so cute.
    I love this colour.

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very cute, and look fun to make. :) /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute!!! :) I definitely want to try making one!!! :) I really like your blog!!! :) I hope you will check mine out too if you get a chance! :)

    http://loislennon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...