Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Been a Very Long Time

True, it's been quite some time since I have updated my blog. Almost half a year has gone by. Oh my how the time flies. So before I say anything, I must wish everyone a Happy New Year! Yes, this is my first blog post of 2010.

So why have I waited so long to say anything? Well...January began and I was in my 9th month of pregnancy. It was quite brutal...feeling as big as a tank, swollen ankles, achy back...the whole shibang. I was not really in the mood to put on preggo outfits and take pics as I wasn't feeling so cute with 65 extra pounds on me...yes, 65. Well finally February rolled around and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy into the world: Keane Thomas was finally here!!!!

He's a wonderful baby and love is not even a great enough word to describe how I feel about him. Mommyhood is a beautiful thing and I wouldn't trade it for the world. So in a nutshell, I decided to take a little time off from blogging and solely focus on my son.

Now that three months have come and gone and we are in the swing of our new routine, I have felt compelled to start posting again. So here I go.......

January 2010 - Baby Shower at Bricco's downtown Harrisburg

February 19, 2010, 8:30 AM - the day I went to the hospital to be induced. Little did I know that almost 24 hours I would welcome our little bundle of joy into the world. On February 20, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Keane Thomas was born - 8lbs 11 oz, 21.5 in. long.


Keane's homecoming - He finally came home after spending a week in the NICU with a blood infection from a ruptured membrane I obtained during labor. It was beyond difficult to leave him in the hospital for a week while I recovered at home. After 4 visits to the NICU everyday for 5 days straight, he was finally allowed to come home with us. The most exciting day ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...