Friday, June 18, 2010

The Ground Beneath Their Feet is a Nautically Mapped Sheet

I finally decided to take a break from my usual array of floral dresses. This time I ventured over to the wonderful world of stripes for a more nautical inspired outfit inspired by the song "Mansard Roof" by Vampire Weekend. I'm always nervous about wearing stripes, especially with carrying extra baby weight and also with being on the more chesty/curvy side. Problem solved: This little navy blazer did the trick and took the focus away from my "problem areas". The blazer is great because it doesn't feel like a typical structured blazer. It's much softer and more cardigan like, making it perfect for a late afternoon stroll by the lake. What better than to top it off with a bright red headscarf I tied into an oversized bow and a cute anchor pendant for around my neck. Ahoy there Matey!




Outfit Details:
Dress: Forever 21
Shoes & Necklace: Urban Outfitters (Both on sale)
Headscarf

My musical inspiration for this outfit:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...