Saturday, November 28, 2009

Windy Philly Saturday

Another windy day in the city of brotherly love. A piercing chill laced the air. This made it hard to get good pics, but nothing like coming in from the cold to a steaming mug of hot chocolate with marshmellows. Yum!

Anyways, I wanted to do a post about my maternity wardrobe - which I admit is limited even at six months. This whole pregnancy has been quite an experience for me. It's been fun shopping and finding pieces that can double as maternity and non-maternity wear. However, I recently purchased some pieces that are strictly maternity wear and better yet they were on sale and I didn't feel like I was sacrificing my style. So for today, I have put aside my flowy dresses and have decided to throw on a pair pants, which is rare for me.

I've always loved stripes. One would think they would be hard to wear when preggo, but throw a comfy loose cardi over them and you can't go wrong.

I've said it before, but oversized slouchy hats are a staple for me in the winter. This one worked particularly well as the wind blew pretty strong.

My standout piece to spice up this casual outfit.

My rule: When wearing black and gray (or white) always throw a pop of color in whether it be with your shoes or accessories.

Outfit Details:
Top, Cardigan, and Jeans: Gap Maternity
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: Macy's

SIDE NOTE: For anyone who is looking for skinny style maternity jeans, I would highly recommend checking out Gap Maternity online. They have all inseams, a variety of washes, and you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get them. I am only 5'2 so finding skinny jeans that fit properly (and black ones to boot) that are under $100 was quite a task until I stumbled across these. Gap also offers frequent discount codes which is another plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...