Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love in the Afternoon

Hello Lovelies,
It's been awhile and I admit that I find myself a bit spent 27 weeks into pregnancy. I haven't been so inspired to take pics because at the end of the work day, I long to race home and throw on a cozy pair of pjs and switch on the tube in the midst of my exhaustion. I hate to whine as I know this is just par for the course, so I admit that I was stuck in a recent funk of hating to have to adjust to my ever growing tummy. True, it's hard to find clothes that fit and put together outfits that I am pleased with. However, I am starting to love and accept this challenge. I never want to sacrifice my originality and creativity with each challenge I face. So this afternoon was different. Feeling inspired by the once flower filled garden at my mom's house, this is the outfit I came up with.

The bright florals of summertime and the vivid leaves at the start of fall are long gone, but that doesn't mean that I have to erase those beautiful shades from my wardrobe.


Oversized, babydoll tunics are currently my best friend. I have purchased some pregnancy pieces, but I much rather prefer tops like this that I can wear once the baby bump is gone.

I am really loving headbands with big bows right now. When I was little, my mom used to make and sell girls hair accessories similar to this at a local children's boutique. Needless to say, my lil sis and I were never without a bow in our hair thus came my obsession with headbands.

It's hard to see, but the little gold charm in front of the heart is a honey bee. I adore this necklace because of that.




Outfit Details:
Top: Topshop
Shorts: Express
Headband, Tights, and Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Ring: A gift from my aunt in Spain
Boots: Target

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool, to look at your really old posts! It somehow relieves me (don't take this negative!) to see that your pictures weren't always perfect in the beginning of your "career" :) I am not yet fully satisfied with the layout of my blog and I've been thinking so much about how and what to change and I've been mad at me every time I put some pictures on the blog which were not perfect (but nevertheless I wanted to put them...). So it's good to see that also the most beautiful blog I know (Yes- yours! :)) was not always perfect. So I just begin to believe that experience will teach me more than to worry all day long :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...