Tuesday, November 24, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: Tea Tree Oil

I'm sure you have all heard of it by now, but tea tree oil is one of those products that has an endless possibility of uses. I am truly in love with it and do not go a day without using it. It produces amazing results when used on skin, face, and hair. Best yet, it is a natural product and free of all that synthetic junk found in other beauty products that can be harmful to your body and the environment over time.

On my face, I use it as a daily moisturizer after using toner and before applying my makeup. I have combination skin which can be very frustrating, as half way through the day it is either really oily or really dry. TTO really balances out my skin. It keeps it moisturized throughout the day without getting oily. It also brightens the complexion. At night, I use it as a spot treatment if I get any annoying breakouts. Honestly, since using TTO, my breakouts have been very minimal and my skin has been much smoother and even looking. TTO is also great for fading acne scars.

On my hair, I use it as a nighttime treatment to revitalize hair and help maintain a healthy scalp. I wash it out in the morning. My hair is very fine and fragile. Since using TTO on my hair, it has been much stronger and healthy looking.

For skin, put a few drops in your bath water and your skin will be soft and supple. It is also awesome to use on dry cuticles.

These are only the beginning of it's uses though. To learn more about benefits and uses of tea tree oil, click through the link I have provided below.


My favorite brand of TTO is Wen. Wen TTO also has jojoba oil in it, which makes it even more moisturizing. It has a dropper in the lid which makes for easy application and at only $20 for a 4 oz. bottle (which is larger than most bottles you will find), it is a great deal. You can find Wen TTO at QVC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...