Thursday, October 21, 2010

White Moon

This week was Spirit Week at the school I work at, as everyone geared up for the high school's homecoming. Today in particular was Whiteout day (everyone had to wear white). I was all kinds of ecstatic as it gave me the perfect excuse to wear this white dress I recently purchased for family beach pictures on our trip down to Hilton Head. I didn't think that I would be getting much wear out of it until the spring, so naturally this day found me much excited to break it out one last time before packing it away for the winter season.

whitedress1

Though I felt a little odd taking photos in a white dress when fall colors are all around, I felt it to be appropriate for today's occasion. The wind was wild today (as were the students) - so picture taking was confined to the indoors as I wasn't in the mood to blow away with the autumn leaves.

whitedress3

I found this lovely necklace in my grandmother's closet. She was so kind to let me borrow it. I just love finding pretty trinkets and treasures such as this.

whitedress4

whitedress5

This has been a long work week for me which included a 12 hour day. I am sort of exhausted but happy as a clam to have a personal day off tomorrow to spend the weekend yet again in Philadelphia. Speaking of homecomings, my husband and I will be spending tomorrow at the college we graduated from as it is homecoming weekend and my husband was chosen as one of the recipients of the Young Alumni Award this year. I am so happy for him and so proud of him. Congrats sweetheart - you know I am your biggest fan:-)

whitedress2

On one final note - I wish everyone a happy Friday and a beautiful weekend to follow. I look forward to catching up on all your lovely blogs.


Outfit Details:
Dress: Victoria's Secret
Flower Clip: Steinmart
Necklace: Vintage - Grandmother's
Socks - Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Seychelles

With the ongoing theme of white here...I leave you with White Moon by Beach House

13 comments:

  1. Ahh. Your whole outfit is amazing. I love it. I love it when things work out for you to wear an outfit one more time before packing it away! Are you a teacher? I am going to school to be an elementary teacher. Cute post :)

    kalinmichellexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower in your hair is so cute! I always put stuff in my hair and on the way to work take it out in car because the guys would make fun of me at the building supply store I work at....Damn peer pressure!!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks look gorgeous with the dress.
    I love the collection of hair flowers. They are all unique and go real well with your outfits.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO I love this dress! So pretty. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your husband! That is so awesome. What an honor. What university did he go to?
    Hope you have a great weekend : ) And that dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. white and fresh. what wonedrful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this outfit but those shoes are AMAZING!!!
    i hope you guys have fun!!! have a beautiful weekend love.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This romantic outfit is all that I love !!! The dress, the socks, the flower in the hair, everything is perfect !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a beautiful blog! wow! I am a new follower. Return the favor? I hope we can be friends! :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this music for dreamers...
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...