Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Guest Blogger: Sock Monkey & Gee

Prior to Leaving for my weeklong holiday, I asked Megan (Gee) from Sock Monkey & Gee if she would write a guest post for me inspired by one of her favorite songs. She was ever so kind and accepted the task. I absolutely love this girl and swear we could be long lost relatives as it seems we were cut from very similar molds. Her blog just plain rocks (I encourage all to check it out, as it is one of my favs), so without any further ado, I introduce Sock Monkey & Gee:

Photobucket

Hello. I am Gee, from Sock Monkey & Gee.
I was so excited when Marisa contacted me to do a guest post while she was on vacation.
Being my first guest post ever, I was a little nervous & wasn't really sure what I was doing.
But I put my fears aside because I absolutely adore Marisa and her beautiful blog.
Just like Marisa... We are both married and around the same "older" age group in the blogging world & we both have a huge love for dresses, music, and everything beautiful.

While Marisa is having fun in the sun in FL.
I ventured out in the 50 degree weather and drizzling rain to capture my outfit pictures.
I had the perfect inspiration on this dreary, cold day from one of my favorite french songs "Autumn Leaves" or other wise know as "Les Feuilles Mortes"
Many singers have sung this beautiful song. (examples: Nat King Cole, Eva Cassidy, and the Bird and the Bee.) But my absolute favorite is the wonderful and beautiful Edith Piaf. Her voice is out of this world.

Photobucket

"The falling leaves drift by my window.
The autumn leaves all red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses.
The sunburned hands, I use to hold.

Since you went away the days grow longer.
And soon I'll hear, old winter songs.
But I miss you most of all
My darling, when autumn leaves start to fall..."

Photobucket

Outfit:
dress: Target for Tucker
tights: Anthro
knee socks: target
boots: Ruche
headband: jcrew
belt: vintage

9 comments:

  1. OMG. EDITH PIAF! i don't have this song of her.. and i love the lyrics. I just love her voice too. There's no one that can compare the talent that she has. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome guest post :D that dress is amazingly pretty.


    im a new follower :D
    i hope my blog inspires you to follow back ;]

    <3 dennica pearl
    - through the eyes of a pearl
    - vintage shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sock Monkey & Gee! Great Outfit
    Oh wow, It's such a lovely Blog you have here! xx, Alice from bells and whistles
    Ps: Feel free to check out my Blog and if you want to follow me I would be so glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute. But you are too! I am loving mustard and red together this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the colors in this outfit, people need to wear more colors I say!! :D

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great song (& edith piaf is the best!), such a great outfit (I almost bought that dress today!) and such an altogether wonderful post. (: I'm gonna go check out your blog now!

    x
    Michal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress and colours! Shoes are so amazing too ! So cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee, why do you always have to make me jealous?! :-) I love that dress! Lovely guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, your blog is darling. Love it. :)

    kalinmichellexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...