Saturday, June 18, 2011

Box of Stars

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are,
the things you never want to lose.
~From the television show The Wonder Years

OP

OP4

OP3

Outfit Details:
Sweater: Thrifted
Pants: Grandmother's
Scarf: Modcloth
Necklace: UO
Shoes: Seychelles

OP2

Today I felt like wearing something very out of the ordinary for me...pants! I've gotten several questions, even an email asking if I only ever wear dresses and the truth is ... most of the time I do simply because it is what I feel most comfortable ...flowy, free, and not confining. However, today was a new day and I came across this little striped number in my grandmother's drawer that was the most loverly shade of seaside blue. Now I was so completely tempted to work them into an outfit, especially after seeing sweet Michal of North County Girl in her quite amazing pants outfit a few days earlier.

If you've been reading along I know it seems I've been wearing a lot of my grandmother's clothes lately. Since she passed away in February, she left behind so many lovely things. Some of those things being a whole drawer full of jewelry and some clothing. I feel very comforted sitting down and sorting through it because I know that this is exactly what she would want me to do. As a little girl, she always let me rummage through her little star covered jewelry box and wear whatever I pleased. It was always something I looked forward to when I visited her house. I love thinking back and remembering this. And as she looks down on me, I know she is smiling, remember these things too.

Have a gorgeous weekend little darlings!

Love,

65a2999703d040bfa49002e7b4a32ab7_6

14 comments:

  1. I am loving the striped pants! You look like an adorable sailor. I also rarely wear pants. I also like dresses because they a comfortable and dainty. But you've inspired me to find some pants like these beauties. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm so NOT a pants person either! There's such a freedom and whims to flowy dresses and skirts!

    Nonetheless, I loveee this look. It's very whimsical. These photos are amazing, as always!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I've only started getting into wearing pants/trousers! Love your headscarf & shoes too

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh you are so cute.
    i love pants on you..esp bc they are your grandmothers!!
    i really am not into pants either except if they are yoga pants..hahaha!
    have a wonderful week love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful outfit! Those pants look great on you! And I'm so glad that visiting your grandma's house and sorting through her things is bringing you some comfort. I was the same way as a child with both of my grandmothers, always looking through their old things for new treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely outfit! i love the scarf!

    http://thelittlebrunettemermaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your pants and the scarf so much :D <3. your blog is just adorable by the way ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shoes are so cute and I adore your headband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetness!
    I love the simplicity for its lovely mood, and your shoes is just a perfection.
    I also love visiting my grandma... Even now when she's sick and not as tough as usual :( I hope you're having a great time on you own!
    <3
    Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so sweet for mentioning me. I can't believe I'm a inspiration for wearing pants, because I hardly do! :D

    You look so so awesome & I think it's really precious that you find comfort in wearing your grandmother's things. I love wearing the clothes and jewelry my grandmother gives me. She is my fashion inspiration! :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful Father's day celebration with your family! Love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. love, love the shoes!! they look comfy...

    Bren
    B So Chic!
    http://www.bsochic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such precious treasures past down from your Grandmother!

    Your turban is absolutely fierce miss mam!

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pants look great. I love how you've styled them. Oh and you seem to be a real pro when it comes to wrapping headbands around your head. I'm impressed.

    love, kimi

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...